Hello, hello, one and all! I have been tagged once again, much to my delight. Stara over at The Pool of Thoughts was kind enough to tag me to participate in the December Vibes Poetry Contest!
Poetry is something I do on and off on this blog so I thought, why not? It’s snowing outside and I have nothing else to do but sit by the fire and write. A solid day if you ask me.
- Design a post of your own and link back to the original post to notify the creator. Unnotified posts will not be judged.
- Paste the rules of this contest on your post if you have a blog. If not, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your entry!
- Tag this post as December- Vibes- Poetry
- Last date of submission is 10 January.
- Word limit ranges to 200 words.
- Add the logo of this post that is:
“I Fell in Love with December”
You are a winter breeze,
That blows right through me
And covers my bones with icicles.
This love feels like cold sheets
And numb fingers
Ever stretching to feel warmth
That is not there.
Words cold like snowflakes,
Pelting against my face
And catching in my lashes.
You are Beautiful
And so cold.
I fell in love with December,
With it’s sparkling frost
And mysterious silence.
I did not see the sharp ice
Or the howling wind
That tears at my skin.
I did not heed my mother’s warning
Of Wintry Lovers.
Hope everyone is enjoying their winter!