Hello everyone! You’ve read the title so I’m pretty sure you have an idea of what to expect. Is it any surprise that I got nominated for this? Special thanks to Amy over at Procrastiwriter for nominating me! Now, on to the rules!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Include the graphic and rules in your post
- Answer the 5 awkward questions:
- 1. What are three words you find boring?
- 2. Finish this line: “I feel awkward because…”
- 3. What’s the last thing you thought about before the thought you’re thinking now?
- 4. Have you ever gone to give someone a high five and you guys missed?
- 5. Why is being awkward awesome?
- Leave an open nomination for all the other awkward bloggers out there!
Now it’s time to answer these questions and rather awkwardly I might add…
- What are three words you find boring?
Hands down “brown”. I love the color but did they really didn’t have to do it dirty by making it sound like that.
“Aloe”. This word sounds stupid. I don’t know why. This could definitely be a me thing.
“Data”. Such a bland word for small informational tidbits. No personality if you ask me. And no, I’m not telling you the criteria I used to make this list (definitely not because I don’t even know it myself….)
2. Finish this line: “I feel awkward because…”
I don’t know how to do small talk. I suck at it. Period. I can’t think of things to say that are socially acceptably shallow. Someone talks to me about the weather, and my brain automatically thinks something like “You think THIS weather is bad? Well I heard it rain glass on Uranus SIDEWAYS.”
3. What’s the last thing you thought about before the thought you’re thinking now?
I am currently drinking a milkshake. So, clearly, I was think something like “Why is this so hard to suck up?? I shouldn’t have to use a spoon for this. Am I defective?”
4. Have you ever gone to give someone a high five and you guys missed?
This is a way of life for me. In fact, I notice the high-fives that I actually ACHIEVE because they’re so rare. Eh, maybe my depth perception is bad. Idk. Just remember, ya gotta own every high five you miss and every time you trip. Laugh at yourself every now and then.
5. Why is being awkward awesome?
I think on some sort of innate level, we are all awkward. And I think realizing this is, ironically, what helps people become less awkward. The thing is, life isn’t a movie. We do dumb things that have no significance to our life “plot” and often cringe at certain things we’ve done. If you haven’t, I would ask “ARE YOU AN ALIEN OR SOMETHING???”.
What I mean is I think being awkward is awesome because once we realize that we all don’t really know what we’re doing and own it, this opens the doors for people to come to you and say “Hey, I don’t know what’s going on either.” The best thing about being awkward is we are all awkward on some level and do so together.
So! Final words! Go forth and be awkward! Be yourself! And, hopefully, in doing so, make someone else feel a little less alone!
And that’s where I’m gonna wrap it up. Ciao!